Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fabric Postcard


This one is heading to Shirley P. in Canada. She is the newly retired leader of Learning FA an on-line fabric arts group I am with. Her husband recently had surgery and she had a bad fall. We all hope both of them recover well and soon :)


This is my "before" picture of the pieces cut out ready to do something with. Each piece is cut 4"x6" and depending on how I decide to embellish I either iron all the pieces together and do some surface design or iron the top three pieces together and do top design stitching and then iron the back on afterwards. Regardless of how I start I always do 2 to 3 rows of zig-zag- stitching round the outside to hold everything together.

1 comment:

Sandra Henderson said...

I'm so happy to havefoundyour very lovely blog!
Xo