Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Volunteer Project - Quilts to Comfort Christchurch's Kids

I have a soft spot in my heart for New Zealand. It's one of those places I have wanted to visit since I was little. At one point I seriously thought about living there but ended up in the USA instead.
Recently the area around Christchurch has been experiencing earthquakes starting with a magnitude 7.1. Yesterday I happened across a lovely blog called Catalina's Cottage. Cat has organized a quilt project that is already proving to be successful. http://catalinanz.blogspot.com/2010/09/quilts-to-cheer-and-comfort.html

All you have to do is send her some of your orphan blocks and they will be made into quilts for children in the Christchurch area.
Some people have sent quilt tops already pieced together, finished quilts, and fabric. She has a big push on at the moment to get a number of quilts ready for Christmas.
I have a stack of orphan blocks pulled from my drawer (along with some fabric) waiting to go out in the mail.

No comments: