Friday, October 1, 2010

Project update - Mrs. Moen ugly fabric challenge #2

Just a reminder of the fabric I was sent. I'm still working on ugly fabric #1 but need to get a couple pieces of fabric to finish it up.
I started on ugly fabric #2 .... the cats .... which I happened to like as is but decided to do something with.

So I cut everything apart then sewed some of the triangles back together again in a different configuration. The cats are currently fused to their background fabric (from my collection) and awaiting some embroidery. The starry fabric will be the border and the whimsical sewing cats fabric is for the back.

A number of us were working on a secret memory quilt project for a friend that was dying. It was delivered on Monday evening. She died on Tuesday morning. The quilt was displayed at her viewing yesterday. The funeral is today and hopefully at some point over the next few days I'll be able to get a good photograph of it.

No comments: