Friday, April 9, 2010

Project update - Bird Sanctuary

One of the on-line groups I am with (Fiber Art Traders) is doing a technique week using things lying around the house to create a bird shrine. The above is the "inspiration" piece, created by Sharon, but we are not expected to duplicate it. At the moment my unfinished birdie has found sanctuary in a nest full of wooden potpourri odds and ends while I contemplate the house and also how to finish her off. I have a couple of ideas for other birds that might get used in addition too, or instead off, the current one. My mind has been on assisting with other events this week so sewing has not been anywhere near the top of my to do list :)

1 comment:

Tammy J said...

If you need a pattern for a bird, Connecting Threads has a pattern for a partridge, free on their web site. I haven't made the bird, but I did make the pear that was with it and it was pretty easy. Good luck, and I can't wait to see the finished project!