Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ashes, ashes, everywhere.

I don't normally post on the weekends but I will probably be off-line for a few days.

We have some very unexpected guests from Amsterdam, courtesy of the volcanic eruption in Iceland. They were at a conference with John and are now stranded, along with many other people. Hopefully they will be able to head home by Saturday.

When I talked with my parents yesterday planes AND trains in Britain were not running and the import/export trades are starting to feel the impact.

2 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

I feel terrible for the people directly affected - what an unexpected event. It isn't easy for the ones taking them in, either. You must be winning your halo.

Unknown said...

Hello, my pal and I were supposed to be flying to Nashville to see Aretha Franklin in concert on Sunday night. We are hoping the venue will be able to re-sell the tickets but if your friends are still there and looking for something to do, I know there are two tickets for sale as we will not be able to get there!