Thursday, March 11, 2010

Local Life - Cumberland Valley Quilters Association

I unlocked the Family History Center this morning and walked through the gymnasium to the ladies room :) Who should I find setting up but some members of the Cumberland Valley Quilters Association. They are currently making quilts for Haiti. Darn it I don't have my camera with me because the ones already on display are GORGEOUS.
This is a group I have been wanting to visit for a while. They normally meet down the street and round the corner from the Franklin FHC on the1st. Tuesday of every month at The First Presbyterian Church, 101 Legends Club Lane, Franklin at 9.30 a.m.
http://www.cvqa.com/
The ladies participate in Quilts of Valor and have a quilt challenge on the go.

An update - By the time I left the building this afternoon there was a goodly number of large quilt tops hanging on the walls. Looked like a jungle theme in there and the simple designs showcased the fabrics (from Kentucky) very well:)

2 comments:

Micki said...

What a wonderful cause! Have fun with the group!
Micki

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, too bad you didn't have your camera. I bet the quilt tops were stunning!