Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fall Quilt Swap


My fall wall hanging is somewhere between here and there, probably needing the use of dog sleds if the snow is still as bad as I heard about :) It's in waterproof packaging just as a precaution.
(Just checked and wouldn't you know it the weather is now lovely in her part of the planet.)
This is my variation of the disappearing nine-patch concept. I took my original piece, studied it, and created one that did not have quite so many seams. I used the fall patterned fabric for the back.
I have a collection of stencils and used some of them for the hand quilting designs.
I'm planning on finishing up the other fall wall hanging in a different way.

2 comments:

Tammy J said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Nice work!

Carole said...

This is very good..... and I am impressed with your hand quilting.
Thank you for the post on my blog, I appreciate it.
I posted some blocks and if you have any quilting ideas I am open....