Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Taking a short break from ..........

getting the house ready to have most of the windows replaced tomorrow :) And which room needs the most clearing out ....... yep the sewing room cum guest room !!!! Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with the girls leaving which means a run to the airport, keeping Lucy occupied if we don't find somewhere for her to stay for the day, moving furniture away from windows as needed, a New Years eve party and putting everything back in place. Plus the van needs fixed :( Oh and our darling son is hosting a Wii party here tonight.

So with all the Christmas festivities, traveling, and other stuff I've done almost zero sewing for a while. What I have done is read a couple of books since Christmas, Circle of Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini being one of them. Loved the plot - interviewing prospective employees for two upcoming vacancies and the stories surrounding how the interviewees became involved with quilting. Won't tell what two of the Elm Creek ladies got up too since it would spoil the surprise for those that have never read the series. I'm about to re-read The Sugar Camp Quilt and then maybe read A Quilter's Holiday.
http://www.elmcreek.net/

3 comments:

Debbie said...

It sounds like fun, especially the Wii party, but not the moving furniture! Happy New Year.

Diana Davis said...

I am trying to figure out how to post a comment on someone's blog. So you get to be my practice blog lol. I have no idea what I am doing on these things so I hope this is ok! I haven't figured out how to post pictures on mine yet either.

e said...

I wish you a wonderful Hogmanay, Carol, and Bliadhna Mhath Ùr!
Lizzy :)