Friday, October 2, 2009

Project updates

It's been a busy week what with one thing and another. Finished up some gifts for exchanges and fundraisers and started a few new family related projects. I've also been busy with church and school activities so when I woke up this morning and realized it was Friday I was somewhat shocked at how quickly the time has passed. This weekend we have our, always fabulous, church General Conference and we are also house/dog sitting.
Don't forget to sign up for the PIF at Wednesday's post if you are interested.
My brand new (to me) design venture is to learn how to make ATC's. Any useful tips would be appreciated. The main thing I need to know is if the backs have to be made of card or if I can go the fabric route. All the fronts will be fabric.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Carol no they should be fabric on the back. I usually use a nice muslin or kona. You just have to make sure you write on the top post card and draw a line off the center for the message and the address...just like a post card would look. Have fun
Sharon
TN

Carol said...

Thanks Sharon. I have some nice muslin that I can use.

Kathi said...

I have made many ATC's and have used Peltex...the one with adhesive on both sides is great...your art on the front and fabric on the back to sign and date. The Peltex gives it a nice rigidity for display.

Carol said...

Thanks for the suggestion Kathi. I'll give it a try out.