Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Birthday thanks


Thanks everyone for your birthday greetings. I had a good day.

My m-i-l decided to give me one of her sergers !!!!!!! I've been wanting one of my own for years. Now I can sew away on all the flannel I have for some service projects. Britain has been having postal strikes so my mother told me yesterday I will have to wait a while for their gift :)

I now have two new quilt books to drool over. "Next Steps in Altered Photo Artistry" by Beth Wheeler and "Dream Landscapes, Artful Quilts With Fast -Piece Applique" by Rose Hughes.

2 comments:

Lula said...

Happy birthday!!! Yeah the postal strikes are driving us all mad

Carol said...

Thanks Lula.

Postal strike. Yup it is aggravating especially with the holiday season mailings about to start.
I also have some international swaps that I am "sitting on" till the mailings can start up again.