Friday, April 3, 2009

Fiberart for a Cause - Collage Mania 2009


This is the 8"x10" piece I have submitted to the Collage Mania 2009 fundraiser. The goal is to try and raise $20,000 for the American Cancer Society. This is the final year that Virginia Spiegel will be running this event.
My piece is dedicated to my younger brother David who died on 4th April 2006. (This is the mystery piece I've mentioned in some previous postings!) He lit up the lives of those who knew him and displayed great courage and humor to the end. He was a star in his own right and watches over each one of us in memory and reality.
Please go to http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/ to find out more about this event and to visit with the artists that are contributing pieces.

3 comments:

Pat H. said...

This is a lovely piece for a great cause.

Micki said...

it's lovely and what a wonderful cause!
Micki

Heather said...

I love your star design - and what better cause. Thanks for visiting my blog - that's a great idea to put a Green Man peering out of the folds, I hadn't thought of that.