Thursday, March 12, 2009

Textile Corner - My favorite time of year



My favorite time of year is Easter. I get to celebrate the birth, life, atonement, death AND ressurection of our beloved Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I've signed up for a number of Easter/spring swaps and here are two in process. The postcards just have to have the back finished and the 6" quiltie is getting a hanger and an edge finish.
I enjoyed taking the same background fabric and doing different designs on top. What is the background - a batik with resist shapes that reminded me of eggs and colors that reminded my of gorgeous sunrises/sunsets.
There are a number of religious imageries within the pieces but you would have to know my life in detail to know what they are and what they represent :)

3 comments:

Sarah or Semmy said...

Carol, the fabric is definatly saying Easter. Amen to your comment and witness to Our Lord and Savior. Semmy from LOS

Carol said...

Thanks Semmy.
My next cross-stitch picture is going to be one of our Saviour. My son gave it to me for Christmas :)

Micki said...

Lovely work and words!
Micki