Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lunchtime tutorial - applique heart - supply list

Fabric for block
Fabric for heart
Lightweight fusible interfacing
Rotary mat and cutter
61/2" quilt block template
5" heart template
scissors (yes they are Fiskars kids AND they are VERY sharp), embroidery scissors would also work well.
pencil and/or pen for marking lines
needle and thread (to match the heart fabric)
sewing machine and point turner.

Why am I doing this mini tutorial. Because Barbara at the Lady of Steeles Hand Embroidery Group asked me how to do it and I'm also making an Easter quiltie so I'm "killing two birds with one stone" so to speak :) AND all the spring cleaning I'm doing is starting to bring on my allergies (now you know why I have dust bunnies.) AND I needed a break from revising beginner Spanish. Excuses, excuses I just wanted to sew something !!!!!

2 comments:

gudrun said...

Nice tutorial, Carol. Is your next project an ironing board cover (big smile)? Sewing a bit every day goes a
long way.

Carol said...

What I really need to do is get myself a new iron :) The old one is dying and spits cruddy looking water onto the board cover. It's going in the laundry and no I'm not going to make a new one any time soon :)