Friday, January 23, 2009

Embroidered heart quilt block


I was supposed to go to a lecture at our local family history society this morning but the meeting got cancelled, so this is what I did instead :) It took me about 3 hours.
The block is 61/2" unfinished and is an experiment for my daughter's Irish Chain quilt. I used 2 strands of DMC floss #550 which is a really nice dark purple. The pattern came from http://www.forestquilting.com/ designed by Patrice Trnka Adams in 3 sizes with a small sample size which makes it 4 :)
I have just enough of the lavender print fabric left to try out some other designs before making a final decision.
Two added bonuses. The weather was so good today I sat on the back step to stitch the left side of the block and if I do enough experimental blocks I will end up with a wall hanging :)
Quote for today.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with quality."
anon.
Mmmmm. I'll have to work on that :)
Have a fabulous week-end. I am taking a few days away from the computer to birthday party with my daughter and some other assorted stuff.

No comments: