Tuesday, December 9, 2008

St. Francis of Assisi

My book of collected quotes fell open to this one by St. Francis.

"We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way." 

We live in a wonderful world (regardless of all the turmoil) and those of us who can should be willing to give from the heart to those in need regardless of the time of year. Having grown up in a country with a civil war going on in the background I guess deep in my heart I am passionate about each of us having peace within our own core and radiating that out to others.

I got a phone call this week from one of our Family History Directors (spouses) about a new project we will be starting in January. She was thrilled with the wall hanging I had given them at their party last week. The single yellow star reminded her of a tradition that her mother and grandmother participated in during WWII i.e. hanging a yellow star in a window for each person in the family who was fighting in the war. Even with my love of social history I had no idea about that one. I learn something new every day. (I need to haul my camera over to their house because I forgot to take a photograph.)

No comments: