Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday 13th November 2008

It's been a while since I last posted, not because I did not want to, but because our main computer died. This has impacted a number of things, mainly my genealogy and family history writings. Hopefully John will be able to get the information from the hard drive retrieved soon. So I was without a computer for a while and have been learning how to use a MAC.

So what has been happening for the past few weeks ?

I spent a month moving contents of rooms around to create my sewing room :) It's up and running and I have been having a wonderful time finally getting most of the quilting WIP's completed. My DH got all my photographs downloaded to my desk top last night and I should be able to post them here within the next few days. It has been very energizing seeing my stack of finished projects get larger and my stack of WIP's getting smaller.

We had an unexpected house guest for two weeks in the middle of October. She had a number of very stressful events happen to her in the space of a few days and needed somewhere to stay while she put her life back in order. She has now moved back to Utah and is doing well so far.

On Sunday 26th October we had a big event at church. Our ward (congregation) was split and we went with half the members to create the new Bellevue Ward. We were all released from our callings (assignments) which means that I am no longer Relief Society President and John is no longer an advisor to the High Priest Group. So we have had Sacrament only meetings for the past two Sundays and this Sunday will be Stake Conference. The following Sunday we start back into our 3 hour block and with 3 wards meeting in the building there is going to be some overlapping of schedules.

On the 28th I had my birthday. I am now 50 !!! While I am older I don't necessarily feel any wiser. We went to The Melting Pot for dinner which is a great fondue restaurant in downtown Nashville. We finally got round to using the gift card my brother-in-law gave us for Christmas a couple of years ago :) One of my friends surprised me with flowers, balloons and ice-cream. Way to go Linda :) She pointed out that one of the balloons said "aged to perfection".

So today I will be working my shift at our local Family History Center. I was supposed to do Tuesday as well but DD#3 was out sick from school so I spent a good chunk of my time catching up on housework (had migraines since Thursday evening) and taking photographs of projects. 

Have a great day y'all :)

No comments: