Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome

Wednesday 8th October 2008

It's a gorgous day in my little patch of heaven. The sun is shining, there is a gentle breeze and I feel in the mood to sit in our back yard and watch the butterflies flutter around the remains of my flowers. Maybe I should pull up the remains of the Iris and Day Lilies to move them to another area of the garden. I was sorely tempted to by some Crocus when I was at Home Depot early this morning.

Lucy and I have enjoyed our morning walk in the crisp cooler air. She has perked up quite considerably since the heat broke a few days ago. "Eskies" have double coats which works better for cold weather. She loves to meet all the other dogs in our neighborhood and is passionate about trying to chase squirrels and chipmunks. We noticed the brush collectors out and about so maybe our large pile of tree limbs will be gone by the end of the day.

I am starting on a new endeavor courtesy of an e- group called POSTCARDPIZZAZZ. I'm doing a one on one exchange with a nice lady in Liverpool, England. We have a month to make our exchanges. I looked through my stash of already made items to see what I could use and am happy with the result. I just have to take a jaunt over to Joann's on the other side of town and buy some stiffer Pelon. Michael's is out of the stuff.

We are planning a Senior Sister's Luncheon at church in a couple of weks. We got the details for that sorted out today. I am excited about this event. All our ladies are so wonderful and not always able to get out and about as much as they would like. I love listening to all the stories they tell of times gone by and what life was like for them.

So like I said at the beginning it's a gorgous day in my little patch of heaven. I'm off outside to take some photographs and I'll maybe add them into this blog at a later date.

No comments: